As we start planning and getting ready for #GPPB2021, I look back at 2019 on how #GlobalPowerPlatformBootcamp got started. I started discussing the idea for a global event with Dhina Gajavarathan, Colin Vermander in June 2019 but it truly started taking shape and momentum in October 2019 after I and Kent Weare started planning logistics.
what followed was series for meetings, discussion brainstorming with Power Platform enthusiasts, Microsoft MVPs, #PowerAddict, and Microsoft. We had tremendous help and because of which we were able to go from drawing board to execution in 4 months!!
The first edition for #GlobalPowerPlatformBootcamp happened on 15th February 2020 and it was nothing less than a festival happening across the globe. Power Platform enthusiasts across the Globe connected for one day to learn, share, and connect. A true Global Event: Organized Globally, Hosted Locally!
In this full-day boot camp attendees got to deep dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered by Microsoft MVPs, RDs, and local expert community leaders. A BIG THANK YOU to everyone involved.
So, who participated:
45+ locations across 6 continents (From New Zealand to Colombia to Canada)
68 Local Organizers
6 Global Organizers
and Social Media, The event widely shared on social media, and event hashtag #GlobalPowerPlatformBootcamp were trending at many locations.
Who was part of the Global Organizing committee?
- Me(Kunal Tripathy)
- Kent Weare (Power Automate MVP)
- Vivek Patel (Power BI MVP)
- Sam Luo (Solution Architect – KPMG Canada)
- Jon Levesque (Microsoft)
- Brian Dang (Microsoft)
The event followed the sun on Feb 15th, The Global Power Platform Bootcamp started with the sunrise in Wellington, New Zealand, The first location to start the event, followed by cities in Asia, Africa, and Europe and wrapping up in North America. Calgary, Canada being the last Location to host the event.
- Singapore transitioned their event to be an online event due to Coronavirus.
- Power Platform User Group was launched for Hyderabad, India as a result of this event.
- Global Power Platform Bootcamp #GlobalPowerPlatformBootcamp were trending at many locations, It was also trending in Nigeria as a country:
- Ee Lane Yu led youth in Sydney in building out games. They were able to understand animation, rotation, resizing.
- Anshu Kumari was probably the youngest speaker. She spoke about creating a Sanskrit dictionary at GPPB Pune (full recording):
- Ana María Bisbé York led the organization and delivery of GPPB in Spain, coordinating to organize 7 boot camps across Spain alone.
Feedback – What Attendees Loved:
- Shayan – Brilliant session, thoroughly enjoyed and understood, Thank You
- Robin – good intro on the AI with Business Application. Tqq!!!!
- Tarun – Nice and interactive !
- Rajender – Very much informative and we’ll explained
- Dhawal – Amazing session. Learned insights about managing my PowerPlatform build and deployment strategy with DevOps and CI/CD
- Brenda – Thanks for all the work you and the Power Platform team put in to make today’s Boot Camp such a success. I learned so much and got so much value out of today’s sessions.
- Susan – A great day it was yesterday at the Global Power Platform. I particularly gained some insights from your presentation.
Feedback – What Local Organizers Loved
- Pablo – Ana Bisbé is a great support for us, is a great leader that make everything easy going. Having this kind of support makes everything easy. We appreciate the economic support with the coffee, for the next time we suggest have some merchandising that we can give to the attendees.
- Keith – You guys were great, it was our fault for not getting on board earlier.
- Vivek – Great first event … No comments .. All is well
- Toni – All perfect!!
- Benni – Very Good
- Jeevarajan – Excellent
Global Power Platform Bootcamp goes virtual for 2021, The Team is working hard to extend the global reach next year and bring the Power Platform community together. The event will be a Multi-day event held on Feb 19th and 20th, More info coming soon!