Power Platform and Azure connected together is such a powerful story of “Powerful alone, but better together”. When connected to Azure, Microsoft Power Platform enables you to quickly deliver value and build Enterprise solutions.
In this blog, we will look into how Azure APIM and PowerPlatform can be connected together.
Azure APIM: Digital transformation runs of APIs ( application programming interface). Api’s are abstractions, they allow you to decouple consumption and implementation based on standards which allow them to be available to work with any platform and any applications.`
Anyone can build api and publish them, but building api and running it as a strategic business is another thing. This is where APIM provides value, Azure API management provides a gateway for api using which organizations publish APIs to external, partner, and internal developers to leverage them and access different data and services.
Azure API Management connector:
Announced earlier this week the connector allows for the APIs on APIM to be exposed and made available as Custom Connector withing App Maker experience in PowerApps, Power Automate as well as Dataverse for Teams.
What you need:
- Azure APIM Instance
- Dataverse Instance (Need to have Dataverse 2.0 )
- Azure account and Power platform Tenant should be using the same credentials.
How to set it up:
- Navigate to APIM instance in Azure Portal
- Select The API you want to Expose and choose Export
- You will be presented with Different Export Destinations, select Power Platform.
- Select the Power Platform tenant and give a Name for the tenant.
- Navigate to app maker experience and the API will be available as a custom Connector
There are a lot of new features which enables Power Platform and Azure to work together, to find more check the blogs by following the tag #PowerfulAloneBetterTogether